Safety & Rules
To ensure the safety of our patrons and staff we have rules and regulations in place that all individuals must adhere to at all times. The aquatic center is staffed during all operational hours (including private rentals) with professional lifeguards. The Bartlett Park District is a client of Jeff Ellis and Associates, Inc, the world’s premier aquatic risk management and lifeguard training firm. Jeff Ellis and Associates licensed lifeguards are required to successfully pass a rigorous 24 hour training course and renew their licenses with an equally rigorous renewal course every year.
Additionally, lifeguards must attend ongoing training every month in order to ensure the highest level of performance. To maintain accountability, lifeguard vigilance is tested during operational hours by the use of submerged mannequins and simulated live guests-in-distress. As a client of Jeff Ellis and Associates, the Bartlett Park District is subject to random, unannounced audits during the summer by a company representative to ensure compliance with their risk program.
- Parents, guardians, or chaperones are responsible for supervising their children.
- Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and respond in case of an emergency.
- Children under 7 years of age must be accompanied by a guardian 18 years or older.
- Children 7 to 9 years of age must be accompanied by a chaperone 14 years or older while at the facility.
- Children that are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper with tight fitting plastic pants over them.